Hey all, welcome back. Today I thought of writing a post, which can make people and the place lively & happy. I guess many would have heard of “Feng Shui “, but nobody bothers to know about it unless you know the importance of it.
What do we all want in life? Peace!! At times we feel low or depressed even after having everything in life. How many of you have experienced this? I have experienced this many times. It is all because of the misalignment of the energies. For example, at times we rearrange the furniture in the drawing-room and feel a lot of positivity. Today I will tell you the pseudoscientific method of aligning the energies at the right place for good health, financial prosperity, success and luck.
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese philosophy that dates back to 4000 BC. The Chinese words “Feng” and “Shui” translate to mean “wind” and “water,” respectively. This concept is adopted from an ancient poem that talks about human life being connected to the environment. It creates flow and harmony in a space.
Essential principles of Feng Shui
- The commanding position
- The Bagua Map
- The five elements
According to the principles of Feng Shui, the right balance of all these above-mentioned elements balances the energy.
A commanding position is a place in a room where the energy is at maximum. It is always the farthest from the door & is diagonal. The commanding position is the place where you should spend most of the time when you are in that room. It is always the dominant position in that room. According to Fengshui, placing the objects in position represents your entire life. i.e. Bed represents you, Desk represents your career growth & Stove represents wealth.
A Bagua map is the Feng Shui energy map. It is adopted on the floor plan of your home. ” Bagua ” means ” eight areas .” and it represents a different state of life & each of these areas has corresponding shapes, colours, seasons, numbers, and earthly elements. At the centre of the Bagua—a ninth area—is you, representing your overall wellness.
The 5 elements
- Wood – creativity and growth
- Fire – leadership and boldness
- Earth – strength and stability
- Metal – focus and order
- Water – emotion and inspiration
Balancing of Yin & Yang energies
Balancing yin and yang energies is also important in Feng shui
Yin is feminine energy. It represents
Yang is masculine, representing
- the sun
Feng Shui teaches us that the position of the objects in the room matters greatly to the flow. So if you are feeling a little out of sorts, Feng Shui can help to bring back the positive energy and look you need to feel comfortable in your home. To get the maximum benefits of Feng Shui you need to contact professionals, however, DIY is also not a bad idea. I have tried adopting the small changes according to Fengshui & seen amazing results.
Stay tuned in for great life-changing Feng Shui tips
Declutter The House
Fengshui’s first rule is to declutter the house. Clutter in your house not only makes the house clumsy but also acts on the brain. It develops stress. Clutter is not just about aesthetics it is more than that. The ore clutter in your house is are an obstacle to the flow of energy. So keep your home always clutter-free.
Act Like Living With One More Person
Arrange your space ready for one more person to check-in. If you have one towel, your soul is living a single life. So instead of having one towel, have two towels. Even though you are living alone, act like you are living with an imaginary person.
Fengshui helps in moving past failed relationships. Cutting the cord is very important. For cutting the cord you need to get rid of all the stuff related to that person & then you will start moving at your own pace.
Add Lot of Greens To Increase Productivity & Money
For improving productivity add the wood elements to your workspace. Try adding one or two plants and see how the network grows. Keep your business cards to display on the desk to attract more money.
Feng Shui home decorating ideas for Peace and Prosperity
Balanced energy comes from the clean, tidy, and well-oriented space. Let us begin with the door
- The main door of the house should always be made of sturdy solid wood, as it is the most important door of your home
- The pathway to the entry of the house should be clean and free of obstacles
- The main door should open inwards into a wide space
- According to Fengshui, the arrangement of furniture plays an important role in the flow of energy in the house.
- The main sofa or the couch should always face the entry.
- Avoid any harsh edged table, instead choose a round coffee table, preferably solid wood, not the glass
- Always match the similar colour of the furniture, to create the balance at home
- Place a lucky bamboo plant in the east direction of the house for motivation
- Jade plants can also be placed on the empty cabinets in the kitchen.
- Keep the doors and windows of the home open more often for rejuvenation.
- Light is the strongest energy for manifestation. Don’t cover the windows with curtains. Allowing the light into your home brings a lot of positivity and removes any dead energy in the house.
These are some of the tips anyone can follow and achieve peace and joy in life. Don’t expect miracles to happen overnight. Feng Shui is not a religion, it is a way of living a life. Practice this ancient Chinese method and notice the changes in your life. Well, to end with I’m not a Feng Shui expert, if you are not convinced contact the expert and start adopting the principles for a better life.
If any of you have adopted Feng Shui and seen the results, let me know in the comment section below.
See about our Vastu Blogs here